Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not Supermom or even Superwomen, feeling the sting of failure. Or I like to call it - learning.

So after almost 2 months of living like this, no processed food, no bread, ect. There have been some trials we have gotten through. We have leaned quite hard on the No processed food bit. Thats what this whole thing was about and Im keeping to that! Ive dropped a few things and came up with a few new ideas.
Biking my kids everywhere where I live right now??? Isnt really going to work. There are hills galore! Plus its very cold... :)
The only eating meat and veggies/fruit thing, is GREAT! but for us right now, the kids eating constantly, Deacon and Joes tummys not really being full, isnt really working for me. :) So Ive decided to bring back home-made bread! Maybe later, we can try again. Or we can try a different flour! :) For right now, Im making bread.
We have also decided to buy more frozen veggies for right now, because thats what we will be eating next winter, we should get used to it!
We have decided to buy another deep freeze, with the 100 chickens, plus frozen fruit and veggies, we will DEF need more room! I have thought about canning, and we will do a bit of it, but canning adds more sugar and less fiber. So instead if you freeze them, you will get more fiber and you can use them for more uses!
That brings me to my latest obsession.

Freezer bags.

So Im trying to live more GREEN, and Im going to go out, buy a bunch of zip-loc bags and use them? OR Im going to spend lots of $ on Tupperware containers that dont always keep out the freezer burn and take up too much space???

How does that make sense?

I now dream of a sewing machine....

I am going to make a few things:

A double velcroed freezer bag, (think of those old sandwich bags with the double flaps - now imagine them with velcro on those flaps...)

A laundry bag, To hang in my bathroom, kitchen, kids rooms, ect. A wet-bag (With PUL) to put dirty clothes in! Also going to make one for my diaper bag!

Snack bags!, to put the kids snacks in, anything you would put in a ziploc bag. :)

So Im thinking, where do I get cheap fabric???

Then it came to me,

Why dont I buy from VV and UPCYCLE!?!?!?

So turn that old T-shirt into a bag! Or old sweater, ect!

1 comment:

  1. Hey if you find some cute PUL fabric let me know! I'm on the hunt :)

    And I just bought two sheets from VV to use for sewing projects. That's a lot of fabric for less than $5! :)

    ReplyDelete