Thursday, April 2, 2009

The start of soo much more.

So yesterday I thought about how to fix the problem. How do I go about getting better? A suggested that I see my dr. and maybe get medication. A different A told me that I would spend weeks trying to get the right thing and I would be void of all feeling. So I instead decided that helping other people makes me feel better soooo. Hmmmm... how can I help others?

Well my Dad's been pushing me to find a support group that deals with Hirschsprung's. I CAN"T FIND ONE! I search and search and I find maybe 3 and of those 3 none of them have more comments than 6. I need more. So he suggested making my own! I was like no. Thats not going to work. Than I started to think.

So now I have launched www.myhirschsprungsbaby.blogspot.com. Its a look inside Deacon and his illness. Im hoping that it will become a place for "experienced" parents to help new HD moms to figure out whats best for their child. Ive messaged 3 other blog parents I've found in hopes that they will help me out with their expertise. I only know what has and hasn't worked for Deacon a long segment baby. I've researched a little about short segment but Im no where near a mom who deals with it on a day to day basis. I would LOVE it if you could go there and send everybody you know there and comment so that it would turn up in google searches! Thanks guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megs,
    Your approach of wanting to reach out to others in efforts to help yourself is a great way to start taking care of yourself. Taking care of yourself is the best way to prevent full blown depression and that means identifying what makes you happy, relieves stress, and gives you a sense of meaning and purpose. Make sure to ask for help whenever and as often as you need it. Getting started is the toughest part so you are already on the right path.

    ReplyDelete