Sunday, February 8, 2009

Riley Matteo Canyon
















Well I thought I would take each of my sons and do a little blurb on them. Riley. We got pregnant with Riley on June 15th 2006. At our family ranch in Ashcroft, named Black Canyon Ranch. We were preparing for my brothers wedding, not by having sex, but by helping decorate. We had a break, obvously, and went for a walk... ok sorry this is too much info. I get it. Anyway, My pregnancy went pretty good. I realized that my bones like to pop out of joint ALOT while being pregnant. I think 6 different bones popped out at least 20x each. My rib, pelvis, hips, knee... ect. I fainted twice. Once I had to be driven to the hospital in an ambulance. Fun... really. He was perfect, head down the entire pregnancy. Until I went in to see my midwife on my 40 weeks due date. She tried to check to see if he was head down and was unsure. Finally she said he was but his head was not "engaged", meaning down inside the "birthing canal". Gross I know. Anyway she sent me to the hospital to have an ultrasound. The ultrasound was inclunclusive, Silly... So a doctor came, "felt around" and dicovered that he was head down, feet first! So I had a c-section. That day a few hours later. Never went into labour, nothing. He was born at 5:15pm on March 5th 2007. Weighing 8lbs 3 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. Perfect. He was born with a full head of black hair, and quite a dark complection.
Well almost 2 years later and hes definatley keeping me on my toes! He talks a mile a minute about everything, swims like crazy and we're just starting on potty training. So Im sure you will hear MUCH more about him as the days come on.
Riley
My heart tip toes
Across a tight rope
Tetters on a totter
I reach out to steady it
Giggles fill the air
Up and down
Bouncy bouncy bouncy
His smile is all I see
My soul guides him to the strings
That hold me together
And he pulls with all his might
"Uppy Mommy uppy"
I swing him around again
There is nothing I can do
But pray he finds the ground
I know he will find his ground.
My button forever
My heart always...











2 comments:

  1. What a sweet poem! I love your blog so far, can I add it to my blog list?
    Haha your comment about helping at your brothers wedding "not by having sex" made me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I know... Im trying to keep my offhand coments to a min, but I guess thats what makes me me. :O)

    ReplyDelete